Become a Realtor®
Click below to complete our free Personal Orientation Profile™ to find out if a real estate career at Royal LePage is right for you. Upon completion of this interactive assessment, you will receive a report with useful career management feedback, more information on the benefits of becoming a Royal LePage REALTOR® and contact information for a Royal LePage Broker in your area.
A career in real estate is not for everyone, but if you have what it takes it can reward you like few other careers can. Real estate is a business where rewards come in direct proportion to effort. Great sales associates are confident and project to others that they have the skills necessary to get the job done. Realtors are communicators who listen as well as they speak. A career in real estate requires the ability to overcome resistance and maintain a positive attitude. It is not a nine-to-five job. Being a Realtor® means setting your own schedule and being your own boss, but success is also tied to being a team player and making the most of professional relationships. At the end of the day, a successful Realtor® knows that meeting customer needs is the only route to success.
Steps to Becoming a Realtor®
The time and expense involved in becoming a Realtor® varies from province to province, but the basic steps are the same:
- Complete the required courses offered by the provincial real estate association or council;
- Write an exam based on the courses' content (fee);
- Submit an application to the provincial licensing body along with successful exam results (fee);
- Applicants must be sponsored by a licensed real estate Broker. This is essentially an offer of employment;
- Some provinces also have mandatory continuing education criteria that must be met on an ongoing basis in order to maintain your license.